Aside from a camera, the monopod, to me, is one of the most useful items when shooting on location. I have for the longest time been cycling through monopods that I had purchased at Walmart and Best Buy. These monopods have gotten me from point a to b, yet they seem to fall apart easily and or I’ve left them behind when out of town. I have been on the hunt for my next monopod and I think I’ve found a keeper. This would be the SIRUI P-326 6 Section Carbon Fiber Monopod. I love this monopod for a variety of reasons, namely it’s small enough for to put in a carryon and it’s extremely lightweight.
- Extends to a very tall height: This monopod extends from 15 inches to over 60 inches. It’s rather remarkable that an item so small can extend to such a remarkable size.
- Rubber foot & spike: The base of this monopod can easily be converted from a rubber foot to a spike for added stability when you are on the run.
- Great torsion knobs: The durable silicon twist locks secure the monopod leg in place and prevent it from slipping while in use.
- Light weight: The monopod weights a little over a pound, which is great when you are trying to cut back on weight. Since it is so light, I have found myself clipping this monopod to my belt loop when not in use and I need to move from spot to spot. I’ve also found myself using the monopod as a microphone boom pole or a light stand.
- Light weight: Part of me wishes it was a few pounds heavier so that I would feel that I am holding a heavy duty tripod in my hand. This monopod doesn’t provide a great amount of downward weight when in use. Alot of the time I have to push the monopod downward to ensure that I do not lose control of my camera and have it topple over.
- Clip: This monopod comes with a compass and a carabiner clip. I don’t use these all the time and they can easily be removed.
Why I recommend
All in all this a great monopod for anyone who is interested in conserving space and weight for going on a shoot. I have found that this monopod works great with my setup. In many respects this monopod is priced on the higher side, but you get what you pay for. I can not recommend the SIRUI P-326 6 Section Carbon Fiber Monopod enough. Definitely check this one out.