A good camera bag is just as important as the camera or lenses that you shoot with. For me, I need a bag that can hold a wide variety of items. In particular I need to store my Panasonic GH4, a variety of lenses & filters, microphones, batteries and my laptop. I also need a bag that I can take as a carry on when I travelled out of town.
While hunting on Amazon.com I stumbled upon the Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera Backpack and found that bag could do everything I needed and more.
- Large and in charge: Fits my 15” macbook pro, all my camera equipment and a whole lot more. There was an instance in which I had 2 laptops, 2 DSLRs (Nikon D800 & Panasonic GH4) and 3 lenses (Nikon 28mm Tilt-Shift, Nikon 70-200mm & Panasonic 12-35mm) in this sucker. This weighed the bag down, but this Case Logic held up.
- Modular compartments: The dividers can easily be moved around to fit anything you throw in the bag. They also provide great padding to support your precious cargo.
- Easy access to camera: The top compartment unzips easily and allows for quick access to your camera. What’s great about this is that you can keep a telephoto attached and have quick access to your camera when the opportunity arises.
- Laptop zip up pouch: Since the back pack straps attach to the this back pocket, make sure you zip it up all the way to avoid any unwanted spills of your laptop or camera.
- Velcro on side: Great if it was a a rachet strap rather than Velcro. It’s hard to secure a monopod our small tripod to the side of the bag. The Velcro doesn’t really allow for a snug fit.
Why I recommend
The Case Logic SLRC 206 SLR Camera Backpack is perfect for someone looking for a bag to hold all your gear. In many respects this bag allows you to be a mobile production studio which is everything that I need. Definitely don’t miss out on this one.